Monday 3 February 2020

Where there is a will, there are 100 ways

"I lost my eyes because of swimming. I am from Satara. I shifted to Bombay in 2009. I am currently working with a firm in Kurla. I love swimming and I used to swim a lot in Satara. In villages there are no swimming pools so you have to swim in rivers and wells. The water in these sources affected my eyes badly. Till 2009 I could see a little bit and I had color perception but after 2009 my vision automatically decreased and now I am completely blind. Doctor told me that blood circulation has stopped in my eyes. Even if I get them operated, it will be worthless. But I am still trying to find a cure for this, lets hope for the best," says Ganesh.

PS: I was standing near one of the ladies compartments (Mumbai local) which is adjacent to the handicap compartment. I saw this smartly dressed man coming from a far distance. He stopped exactly at the handicap compartment. Curious to know how he did it, I struck a conversation with him. I would have loved to talk to him more but our conversation was interrupted by the arrival of his train.
Me and Ganesh at Kurla Station

2 comments: