Monday 17 February 2020

A mixture of the sun and the moon

" I am doing drag since I was a kid. The earliest memory of drag that I can recollect was wearing my mother’s saree and performing for my family.

My name is Suluj which means the sun. I was always in awe of the relationship between the sun and the moon, so I came up with Glorious Luna as my drag name.

Drag literally means dressing up as girls. It is more than femininity. I don’t know if you realize it but all of us are in drag. Like when you want to impress someone, you become someone else. Suddenly you have a new personality. For example, the office goers who suite up every day, that is their drag because they are not the same when they go home.

Sometimes my drag is too political because I want to focus on the problems in the community. I want to give a solution through my art form. It is very easy to love. When you hate someone you really have a big thing in your heart, how do you carry it all the time, I just don’t understand it. If you want to grow as a community, you need to stop hating each other," says Glorious Luna.




Glorious Lune

No comments:

Post a Comment