Tuesday 10 September 2019

Social Media Detox

One of our faculty challenged us for not using our mobile phones for 10 hours and write down about it. This article is about my routine during this detox.

I woke up at 8 am in the morning and soaked my clothes in detergent for washing them. I slept again for half an hour and then washed my clothes. I had planned to visit Sanjay Gandhi National Park (SNGP) for cycling. I got ready and went to Nalla Sopara railway station at around 10 am. I brought the newspaper from outside the station.  I boarded the fast train to Borivali. From Borivali I took the slow train to Goregaon. I had already checked the route on google maps and had written it down. According to the maps I had to get down at Goregaon and take bus number 341 to reach the park. Since it was raining heavily, I sat down at the Goregaon station for almost half an hour and read the newspaper.

Once it stopped raining, I boarded the bus from Goregaon East. The bus dropped me near Film City. I asked people around me for direction, but they had no clue about SNGP. The lady outside the film city told me to go to Borivali and take an auto from there. I went to the bus stop to catch the bus but there was no sign of the bus, so I took an auto directly to SNGP. Outside the station I had vada pav and samosa pav. After eating I went to the park, but it was closed due to heavy rains.

I walked back to Borivali station and boarded the slow local to Goregaon. From Goregaon West I took the bus to Anand Nagar to have biryani at Lucky restaurant. The restaurant is a very famous food joint. I had chicken biryani and boarded the bus to Borivali station. The bus took almost 45 minutes to reach Borivali. From the station I took the local to Nalla Sopara. I came back home around 6 pm. I slept for two hours and started working on my college assignment after that.

PS: I visited SNGP later and these are some pictures of it. It is a UNESCO world heritage site.

Kanheri caves in Sanjay Gandhi National Park

Cycling through this lush green area


No comments:

Post a Comment